Tuesday 12 December 2017

Whitney's Wish



I don't usually use my site to try and encourage people to give money, not even to charities. I think that if people find a cause worthy they will go out of their way to give to it. But I'm going to break my own rules on this occasion, because I need people to know about this cause.

My friend, Whitney, has terminal cancer. She's a sweet and kind young girl, only 19 years old. I met her at work and became fast friends, bonding over our mutual love of Pokemon.

Whitney loves Pokemon, and a load of anime's, often cosplaying her favourite characters at conventions. One of her lifelong dreams was to visit Japan. She's now running out of time and chances to get to do so. Her family want to make sure this happens.

Please, visit her Go Fund Me page, read her story, and if you can, donate.

I know it's the holiday season, that a lot of people are spending more than they normally would at the moment, but please donate, even if it's a small amount. Forgo that extra bottle of wine, buy yourself one less present, skip buying a coffee today, and help make this wonderful young girls last days something that she will treasure forever.


Go to Amy's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment