Monday 15 February 2016

Comedian Jordan Raskopoulos Comes Out As Transgender


Jordan Raskopoulos, member of the Australian comedy trio Axis of Awesome, has received an outpouring of support from around the world after revealing that she is transgender.

A video was posted onto the groups youtube channel yesterday in which Jordan addresses the questions that she has received about her beard, which she shaved off last year.

She said, 'So, I got rid of my beard in February 2015 and for the past year a lot of you guys have been asking about it.  A lot of you guys want to know why I got rid of the beard and asking when it will be coming back.  Some of you have said that without the beard I no longer look like Jack Black but instead look like Boo from Orange is the New Black.'

'Well, the truth of the matter is that there is a very good reason for why I got rid of the beard and a very, very good reason why it is never ever coming back.  And that reason is that I am transgender.  No shit.  That's right, I'm a girl.  I am transgender.'

Jordan goes on to talk about the troubles that she has faced throughout her life, dealing with gender dysphoria.  She says that she reached the decision to transition whilst on tour with the Axis of Awesome group after realising that she could no longer deny her gender.

She goes on to talk very positively about her transition and going on to live her life as a transgender woman.  'Being trans does not mean you have to give up on your life or your friends or your family or your career or your achievements.  I'm going to continue on doing exactly what I was doing before and I'm going to be fucking awesome.'



Amy.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment