Tuesday 7 August 2012

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to ‘Trans Girl Writer’ my very first blog.

First of all, a brief introduction about myself.  My name is Amy Walker, and I’m transgendered.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, it means that I was born into the wrong body.  My mind is female, but my body is male.

Though I have been this way my entire life, the realisation that I am transgendered came only within the last year.  Though once I knew it became obvious that it had always affected my life.  I have now reached the point where I can no longer carry on the way I am, living a broken, fake life, all the while seeing what I could have and be slip past me.  To that end I have decided that the only course of action that I can take to correct this problem is to transition from male to female.

This blog is here to help me order my thoughts, to chronicle my journey, and hopefully help others who may be in a similar situation.  However, this is not all just about my journey through transition.
I am also an aspiring writer, and have been lucky enough to become published by a small independent company.  Having taken these first tentative steps into the world of fiction writing I can see very clearly that it is something that I love a great deal, and wish to continue to do for as long as I possibly can.

Hopefully I will also be able to share with you my work to become a successful writer, through the ups and downs and hopefully some very fun times.

Amy.
 xx

Amy Walker Facebook
Trans Girl Writer Facebook Fan Page
Amy Walker Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment